Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Diana Gabaldon's Lord John

Gabaldon's "Outlander" series of historical novels are quite popular and I will get to them one day. In the meantime, I've been really enjoying the three books about a spin-off character from "Outlander" named Lord John. Lord John is a gay warrior/aristocrat in 17th century London. There are currently two novels, Lord John and the Brotherhood of the Blade and Lord John and the Private Matter and a book of novellas and a short story: Lord John and the Hand of Devils.

I'm a big fan of historical fiction and to have a gay themed series is double plus good.

I don't think it matters which volume you start with--they were written out of chronological order--but you'll probably want to read them all (I got my husband hooked already). Gabaldon has promised a fourth volume, Lord John and the Scottish Prisoner and I can't wait. Unfortunately, she says that it will be the last of the series.

No comments: